Compared: CrossCurrent vs. CrossCurrent AIR
The CrossCurrent was launched in 2015. It was a revolutionary product featuring a 28 mph top speed, Hydraulic disc brakes and a world-class riding experience thanks to the advanced proportional torque sensor. The build quality, performance and features could only be found on bikes costing twice as much.
2017: CrossCurrent AIR
The CrossCurrent AIR is a lower cost version of our popular CrossCurrent e-bike. The "AIR" as it's known, Has the same great assist system as the CrossCurrent, but with carefully selected components to reach a new wave of e-bike customers, while maintaining the ability to upgrade every feature on the bike to meet or exceed the expectation of the most demanding e-bike enthusiast.
So what's different?
The 2 bikes have the same electronics system and share nearly the same frame design. You can consider the CrossCurrent as a upgraded AIR.
The CrossCurrent compared with the AIR has:
- Upgraded Suspension Fork: Improved ride over bumpy roads
- Upgraded Hydraulic Disc Brakes: Improved stopping power
- Upgraded Torque Sensor: Smoother pedal assist for demanding riders
- Upgraded 9-Speed Shimano Alivo Transmission: Higher-end Shimano shifter
- Upgraded Touch Points: Seat, pedals, grips and a few other parts are higher-end
All the parts that are compatible on the CrossCurrent work with the AIR as they are built on basically the same platform.